Contact Me

Friday, May 24, 2013

Book Review: TREADWELL Yes, I loved it



Treadwell, is a gritty story of murder, mayhem, and tough, old women who handle things on their own. As in many Southern tales, the Indiana beauty shop is a place of discovery and hilarity. Some of these women like Nelda and Wosie are quick to take charge when all else fails or others falter. They take on kidnappers and drug dealers who are not averse to murder to forward their own agenda. Nelda Pike, living alone in the woods finds herself in the middle of a kidnapping.  There is never a dull moment in this book. Although  TREADWELL is intense and danger-filled, it is devoid of offense to the faint of heart. I could barely put it down.
 
I was trying to wait until it was in the library before I posted this review. But, I tired of waiting.
 
Dana, you may use this anyplace as long as you ask my name and use it, not my blog name.

Your turn
Have you read this book? Can you ask the library in your town to order it? Our library takes requests for book orders.





10 comments:

  1. I read and reviewed the book and posted my review on Amazon. I LOVE Treadwell!

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janie,
      Since I purchased it from a local, woman-owned bookstore, I could not post on Amazon. I loved it, too.

      Delete
  2. You are so sweet 'chicky mama'. And, you mentioned parts of my book that no one else did and I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lotta joy,
      I am happy to do this for you. Hmmm, I wonder what part I mentioned that no one else did. I am so sorry I cannot post it on Amazon.

      Delete
    2. You were the only one to mention the beauty shop. You GOT IT! I think it was the funniest part of the book.

      Delete
    3. lotta joy,
      Oh, I thought the beauty shop was a central character in the book, a focal point that tied everything together. Using the beauty shop to further the plot was ingenious. The beauty shop was definitely the best and funniest part of the book. It was the part where I could laugh aloud and relieve some of the tension, tension that could build again. Of course, the beauty shop was also the source of tension.

      Delete
  3. Hi Linda,

    A short time ago, I posted up about Dana's book on my site and the feedback was positive. I got tired of it being available in my library in England.

    Even though the dear lady offered me a free copy, I want her to be a huge success and thus, to heck with the library. I'm waiting for it to arrive at my home. The book that is, not the library!

    An excellent summary you have submitted.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. klahanie,
      I did purchase the book. Then, I went to the library and ordered it for the library. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a perfect rainy day book. I will be looking for it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brigid,
      You can order it from Amazon, or do like I did--order from a bookstore, chain or local. It is a perfect book.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.