Contact Me

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Online Store Circulars and Coupon Information



 
Saving money? Let me introduce you to three online resources to increase your coupon savings and your efficiency. Maybe you have tried some of these resources.

1)
I found a feature in my online local newspaper  that interests me. I usually buy the Sunday paper from my hometown and from Birmingham. Our Walmart will "price match" all ads in about a 60-mile radius, even if I am not able to get my hands on a newspaper or choose not to purchase a newspaper. If there are no coupons in the paper, all the newspapers are sold, or I cannot get out, I can use this feature and still have access to ads and deals I might want to check out. Maybe you can find this feature in your local paper.

Refer to ad picture.I clicked on the small icon for CVS and got an ad. A viewer can turn the pages. Plus, the ad for each product can be enlarged to easily read. Blogger insists the picture be at the head of this post, not where I wanted it!

2) There are sites that inform readers which insert (P&G, Smart Source, Red Plum and others) are in the Sunday papers. Google "coupon inserts 2014" to get other sites that list coupon inserts. I chose this site at random. There are other features also--"How to save money without coupons."

Here is a sample of the format for coupon inserts:
January 5 — (2) Redplum, (2) Smart Source
12 — Redplum & Smart Source
19 — Smart Source
26 — (2) Redplum & Smart Source & Procter and Gamble

Yes, I did get four coupon inserts in the Birmingham News last Sunday. I use this feature before I go purchase a paper to know which inserts should be in the paper! Okay, some days I forget. That makes for a real hassle, going through multiple papers to determine the most common number of newspaper inserts for each insert..

3) Plus, there is one site with "Sunday coupon previews" that even lists the coupons  in the inserts and tells when the coupon expires. That was a "wow" moment for me. You cannot order coupons or print from this site. Here is a sample from the site with a partial list from Red Plum.

Redplum
Sunday Coupon Preview
Regional coupon inserts & value differences are to be expected!
(x) before coupon = multiple of same coupon
ETS = excludes trial sizes

Emergen-C $1.50/1 vitamin supplement drink mix 10ct+ (2/28)
Gain $.50/1 detergent or fabric enhancer (2/28) ETS
Gain $1/2 detergents or fabric enhancer (2/28) ETS
Garnier $2/1 moisturizer (3/8)

If you can use any of these three sources, you can spend less time on the coupon search!  There are many sites that have the coupon information like the last two examples. Just google for other similar site. The first resource will possibly be in your copy of your local online newspaper. Or, look for ads on a site of a nearby city.

Have fun!

Your turn
Do you ever use any of these sites--local, insert sites, or coupon lists--to help you make decisions and save money? What sites do you use?

4 comments:

  1. Good info. I use coupons.com for printing coupons.
    I look at my local grocery ad on line and if there are some sales, usually BOGO, that I want to price match at Walmart I'll stop at the store and pick up the ad - our Walmart requires the print ad in hand to show the cashier.
    I get a daily e-mail from Momsbyheart.com that lists good deals from clothing, toys, CVS, Walgreens, etc with some printable coupons and some deals showing coupons from newspaper inserts.
    I don't use many coupons because I don't buy many convenience foods, soda, diapers, or pet foods. Usually the price match works best for me - especially on produce like this week strawberries are $2.99 at Publix and $3.99 at Walmart so I'll take the ad to Walmart and get the better price.
    By the way, have you notice that coupons are now usually only good for a couple of months when they used to be good for at least 6 months if not a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Walmart will not price-match bogo, but you no longer have to have the ad in hand. They keep all the ads up at the front. However, you can just tell them anything, I suppose, because they never check the ads anymore to see if an item is on sale.

      I asked to see the coupon policy at WM, and was told that they no longer posted it for customers to see. However, employees could reel it off to me EVERY TIME. But, I could not see it and read it for myself. I insisted so much that they called Arkansas, finally, and printed a copy.

      I was thrilled but they snatched it back when I was going to walk away and read it. It seems Arkansas had told them that was company property and I could not leave with it. Strange?

      I rarely buy convenience foods. I never buy diapers or pet food. I do buy Coke but never find a coupon for those.

      Yes, I have noticed that coupons have a shorter life. Sometimes the best time to use them is the the day they come out up to the next three days when the item is on sale and the sale life is half gone.

      Delete
    2. Bellen,
      I will check those site.

      Delete
  2. Another great site is www.bankquest.org they pay you bonus cash for printing coupons from coupons.com on their site, plus they pay for a lot of other cool things like watching youtube, searching google, making suggestions, and the idea wall. Feel free to email me at californiadreamin90210@gmail.com if you have any questions or want some tips :)

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.