Contact Me

Friday, June 21, 2013

Beans?



I guess I am dumb backyard farmer! But, the persimmon tree seems to have something with tendrils growing from the same pot. After I got the persimmon trees, I noticed little seed leaves near the trees, but what do I know?
 
Is this a bean twining around the table legs? I don't know beans from donuts. I could ask the guy who gave me the persimmon tree in the middle of the pot, but he is sort of mean to me. Scary gruff mean.
 
Here is another pot with a tendril. See the large leaf toward the right? There is a tendril from the left pot, reaching over into the right pot. Also, see the little butterfly-shaped leaf in the left pot? More beans? The center plant in each planter is a persimmon tree.
 
Your turn
Are these beans? If not, what?

9 comments:

  1. Hmmm, hard to tell, the tendril and leaves makes me think beans. What an exciting little mystery! LOL

    Wishing you a lovely weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,
      Yes, a mystery. Thank you. Have a wonderful weekend, yourself.

      Delete
  2. Looks like Morning Glories be careful if they are they take over everything. They got in my orchard I thought how pretty they looked then they almost took over the orchard they wrapped around the trees and were everywhere I had to pull them out by the roots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. country life,
      I just don't need any more climbing invasive plants! I have wisteria, honeysuckle, and roses. I like all of those, but not the way and where they want to grow. I will check further, even with the gruff guy. He can probably tell me exactly what it is. Thanks for the warning.

      Delete
    2. I agree with country life. It looks like morning glories to me as well. Goodness knows I have enough of them trying to take over my garden :-/

      Delete
  3. Tonya and Wean,
    Thanks for the warnings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be MY garden (if I had one). I'd be afraid to eat whatever was actually growing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lotta joy,
    Well, I won't be eating these morning glories, if that is what they are. Maybe by Tuesday, I will know for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.