Contact Me

Friday, December 24, 2010

Thrifty Gifts given and received


Finished
I had this thrifty gift to give a new friend, just a token gift. I forgot to give it to her yesterday, so I decided to do a frugal jazz-up today and deliver it. I managed to wake up Christmas Eve with a fever, so I will miss my holiday events today. I am in the mood for cheer, so this will be it for today--embellishing the gift. My gift will be left on her doorstep so as not to spread whatever I have!

How cheap can I be?
The gift started with a new but free frame. I cut a picture from a new Christmas card--the embellishing and jazzy part...lol.   I bought a box of Christmas cards at a yard sale for 25 cents, maybe two dozen cards in all. Yes, I sniffed them for mustiness. Smells nice! There were religious and secular cards, so I chose one that would please her.

Before
This is the front of the card. I had to sacrifice the wording, but that's okay.

Delivery
Okay, the sleigh, ummm, I mean, the Malibu is packed. Off I go.

Gift to me from my new friend
Yes, it is sitting on my computer and is full of oj. I just don't feel like going any farther for a picture.

Merry Christmas
from Practical Parsimony
(LINDA)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda.... Ho Ho Ho, wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New year!!! Have a Fabulous & Frugal Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. De-ette, Thank you and Merry Christmas a Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.