Contact Me

Friday, May 27, 2016

Thursday: the good, the bad, and the rumbly

Thursday was such a beautiful day with few clouds, sunshine, blue skies, and a slight breeze. I only saw it from the window and a trip to Dominique. But, weather wise, it was glorious.

Thursday was such a horrible day. For some reason, I did not get much sleep Wednesday night. When exbf came Thursday as was our plan, he scared the living daylights out of me as he unlocked the door and came in. He has a key because I have locked myself out too many times.

I could not get out of bed so told him to just lie down until I could get up. After an hour, I told him to get up and sit in a chair. Poor thing. At lunch I got him applesauce and milk and crackers, told him that was lunch and to deal with it. Remember, he is allowed to go get what he wants from the kitchen or go get a hamburger for himself.

Three hours later, I awoke to find him asleep in the chair with his arm stiff and asleep. I stumbled around, feeling horrible. My gastrointestinal system was all out of sorts. As usual, I took my med for acid reflux first thing and then spent the day with it coming up! From top to bottom my gastro was disturbed with so much rumbling.

For his dinner/supper, I put together a homemade pizza from a cooked crust, marinara sauce from a jar, some of the sausage I cooked, and half a bag of grated Italian blend of cheese. Plus, he had some of the green beans I snapped and cooked and broccoli I cooked Monday. It was not the meal I planned, but adequate.

He took home the two cucumbers I planned to put in his salad. Since I forgot I had fresh corn, I sent home one of the two ears and instructed him how to cook it. There was one slice of pizza in his bag.

Dominique loved the chicken scraps from a rotisserie chicken that he brought to her. She is a good chicken. Lately, she has viewed my toes as edible and tries to peck them. When I first had chickens, one of them took a plug out of my toe. I suppose she ate the missing piece of me.

It is now after three am on  Friday morning. I do feel better and cannot figure out why I was so out of sorts. Oh, I even had him cancel a doctor's appointment for me, an appointment I really wanted to keep.

I suppose I had nothing to say, so I wrote this

Friday will be a better day!


  1. Hello, Linda, aren't blogs great! We can post when we want to about whatever we wish to share. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    1. Then, I realize it is Thanks for the vote of confidence.

  2. Hey, girl, it's better to think you have nothing to say and saying it than thinking you have something really, really important to say...when it's actually nothing. Wait a minute, that is politics...I got off topic.


  3. Cherdo,

    It took me a long time to quit laughing, chuckling and wiping my runny nose. YES, laughing with allergies and right after eating a pint of chocolate ice cream made my nose dribble.

    You should be in charge of politicians and point out the difference.

  4. I hope you're feeling better!

    1. McVal,
      Thanks. I am feeling so much better. I don't know what made me feel so ill.


For the present, I am taking comment moderation off the blog.