Contact Me

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Sleep Deficit and Restorative Sleep

Today was a beautiful day, sunshine, warm weather and daffodils looking more beautiful than the day before.

I finally caught up on my sleep with a double dose of melatonin and the air conditioner.  I just cannot sleep if I am too warm. Well, I could sleep under a pile of blankets if I could breath cold air.

Someone is coming tomorrow to get the long-dead possum. She is looking more pathetic all the time. It was dusk and dangerous for me to walk out there, but I took a flashlight and went to look and she if she was still there. I could not see wisteria, but did not trip on little limbs embedded in the pine straw. Her head is sort of leaning to one side now.

I got little done today. I got the last bag of garbage ready. It is too heavy to take out. But, my friend has a cold and cannot take it to can or can to road. sigh

Junk in the car was only partially organized or removed. It exhausts me and lifting anything hurts my hand and back. So, it is half-done. Or, maybe one-tenth done. Yes, that is more like it.

Hopefully, I will get some cooking done even though it is almost 8 pm. Chicken sausage patties in a baking pan in the oven. Some sort of beef in bag in oven. Chicken breasts cooked somewhere, oven or crockpots. I am so ambitious and talk a good game. Ha! Now, to get some of this done.

My secret projects are still on my mind. This is the planning stage. When I get them done and delivered, I can share with you.

Plan as I may, I still have not planted the garlic or tulips or onions. So, sue me.

Since it is about time for Modern Family, I need to get dinner to eat while it is on.

Do you ever have days that plans do not come to fruition? What did you get done today?

4 comments:

  1. Most days I accomplish what I'd planned but only because I don't plan to do much..so anything extra makes me feel really really good.

    Today I went to the dentist for my 6 month cleaning, easy peasy right? Wrong!! Found some round thing under my tongue that has to be rechecked in a month. It was not a canker sore. Monday I went for my be-annual mammogram and had calcifications in one breast and that has to be rechecked in 6 months. For the rest of this week I'm doing nothing but eating, reading, watching TV and playing on the computer. Figure that's the only way to keep more bad news out of my life.

    Wish I had daffodils, I love them. The first flowers I ever received from a boy were daffodils when I was in the 4th grade. He picked them in his yard after I told him how pretty they were and brought them to my house. My parents were greatly amused, I was embarrassed and delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bellen,
    I agree--planning only a few things makes them doable. Well, I suppose you should not go to a doctor again if that is the way it goes. would not agree to a long 'let's wait 6 months' thing. A month would be a long time for me. I would just eat myself crazy. That is such a sweet daffodil story. As I walked out the back door this morning, I have more blooming in different places. They have naturalized all over my yard in places where a lawnmower would get them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's how I like to sleep,too. Lots of blankets but cold air. I try not to overplan my days...then I'm not too disappointed that I didn't get it all done ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The over-planning came into play when other people did not show up to do what they said. But, I have been known to over-plan, depending on my motivation or energy. Most days, I am not so disappointed as I was this time...oh well.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.