Contact Me

Monday, February 5, 2018

Monday To-Do List

On Sunday, I made this list because I did not want to forget any of these important items that must be done today.

go to Commission on Aging--question and shredding papers
call Water Dept
call Power Board
go to Lowe's
Call friend to do a favor
pick up trash in my yard
pay for internet at ATT office
go to bank
call gov't agency'\
go to courthouse
call church about lunch date
wash my hair

The list should have all the places to go together and all the calls to be made listed together. But, this the list as written during the day.

My water bill was elevated again, so there is an adjustment that needs to be put on my Power Board bill.

Maybe going to Lowes won't be necessary if I can find what I need right here. That will mean I have a search to conduct here.

The recycling guys threw trash into my yard that was wrongly put in the recycling bin. I cannot imagine how it got there!

The 611 number to pay my internet bill does not work since I now have auto-pay. Who knew? I could make a telephone call when their office is open and try to talk to a person and hope I was sent to the right place instead of being transferred three times to the wrong department and maybe get this worked out in 30 to 45 minutes or I can walk into the ATT store and have a nice person figure it out and take my payment and fix it. (no commas needed) Maybe this can be on auto-pay, also.

I have to sign a document to get Homestead Exemption for 2017. Somehow, it is signed for 2018. So, I will pay no property taxes. While there, I can get my tag.

Which church has lunch on Tuesday?

And, I have not have enough sleep.

A letter arrived saying I did not go to a doctor on the date I was diagnosed for the flu. So, that is a government agency that I need to contact. I have no idea what went wrong.

None of this includes bathing or eating or anything else but this busyness that is so necessary. I did nothing today because of exhaustion from previous days chores out of the house or on the phone.

Your turn
Do days like today wear you to the bone?



6 comments:

  1. Absolutely. I actually find that spending time on the phone trying to get to the correct person/dept is more physically tiring than physically running a bunch of errands. Wish you the best of luck in completing your list. And, take a break tomorrow if you can to just take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I make progress running errands. That is not always the case of a day of phone calls.I have only one thing to do tomorrow, starts early and just involves sitting and waiting my turn. It won't be as bad as today.

      Delete
  2. I find talking on the phone tiring, too. It's just not something I enjoy. I need to call my mom and I just hate talking on the phone! LOL. I could email her every day but she's not much of an emailer so calling it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I don't mind talking on the phone if it is a friend or family member. Since I last talked to my mother in 1993, I would happily talk with her all day. No, it is getting to the right person or the right department and then getting something done.

      Delete
  3. Oh My Gosh yes! I hate having so many things, especially disconnected, dissimilar things to do in one day. If everything has a theme, or is related, it's much easier, mentally, for me to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. java,
      There was no theme here. And, there was lots of driving.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.