Contact Me

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Done

The Animal Control Officer came Before 9 am and the possum is gone. The guy used gloves and a huge black plastic bag to hold the poor thing. The stench was beyond what I could bear. I rarely go over there, but I will assure I do not go back soon.

A friend came by to pick up things that people have said they want and do not come by. There is more room in the car. It is a glorious morning, no need for anything beyond my sandals and short sleeves. Well, I do have on pants, just nothing for cool weather. The sun is brilliant even though there is rain to the west that might be here or not very soon.

She also brought me a recipe for date balls. We had discussed this earlier in the week, and she did not forget. Since I will see her Tuesday at one of the free lunches, I have a list for her that I will carry.

I really want to pick daffodils since there are now so many all over the yard. Every year, I pick a bouquet and am so pleased with the beauty and fragrance indoors. Then, my allergies bother me so that I have to move them into another room. So, that is the plan.

The few times I have been in the hospital long enough to receive flowers, I had them removed immediately. I did not want to compromise my health with allergic reactions. And, I cannot have plants in the hospital because of the mold spore in dirt. It's annoying when I am ill to listen to people whine because I cannot have their flowers in my hospital room.

The tulips look as though they will bloom any day. For a few days, the lavender-pink tulips make a showy display with the yellow daffodils. I cannot wait!

Last night, I baked ground turkey Italian sausage. I baked it on a pan in the oven in one flat piece like it came from the Styrofoam. I cut it in four pieces before baking. I ate one and am not a fan. Three meals for exbf are separated by waxed paper and in one plastic bag.

This morning, I have a chunk of ground beef, 85% and 15% in the crockpot for exbf.  It will be packed in pint bags, one meal in each bag. Some will be crumbles or slabs to use as he pleases. I always use onions and garlic which he loves.

When he has bought ground beef or I have given it to him, he  cooked it all in patties at one time--no onions or garlic. Now, he cannot stand at the stove to do so. I suppose it has been three years since he actually cooked anything. He buys a meal, eats what I cook for him along with a can of vegetables, or brings home a fast food hamburger. He only uses a microwave now.

11:15...Rain just this minute! I thought it was going to miss me or at least hold off another thirty minutes until I got into the car...ugh. The sun went away just a few moments ago. At least I had a glorious few moments/hours of a warm spring day.

At 2 pm I lay down for a three-hour nap. I awoke feeling less than refreshed. My allergies are bothering me today. Eyes itch.

This evening, I picked up my online order at WM. I thought I would receive an email, but went to the pickup and it was ready. This is the order I used a $10 off code that came in the mail.

That was my day. It is not over, but I am.

Do your allergies bother you when you cut flowers and bring them into the house? Or, have them in a hospital room?

16 comments:

  1. Many years ago when I was hospitalized I received mums from several people. I had no idea I was allergic until my eyes swelled shut and I couldn't stop coughing and sneezing. What a bummer that was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life,
      Bummer is right. I cannot imagine being hospitalized and finding out the hard way I was allergic to flowers/mums. I can practically feel flowers coming down the hall before they even come in my room. How did you figure out what was the problem? Were doctors wondering?

      Delete
  2. Some cut flowers bother me, others don't. I love narcissus but they send me through the roof. All I know is that right now my eyes, the space between my throat and internal nasal passages, and the palms of my hands all itch, plus my hands are swollen. All signs that pollen is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne,
    I usually get all the allergy symptoms people have plus a few more, but my palms don't itch. I use Pep-O-Mint Life Savers to keep the itch at bay. Well, until I found Zyrtec. Sometimes, even that does not help. And, my hands do not swell from allergies. However, hands swell for other reasons...overuse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fragrant kind of lilies bother me the most. I love daffodils, tulips and gladiola. To me they mean Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T'Pol,
      Any kind of flowers bother me, some more than others. I am glad you can bring daffodils, tulips indoors.

      Delete
  5. No known allergies but someone wearing a lot of perfume might very well set off a sneezing attack! I try to avoid fragrances myself. Are you feeling better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      I am much better but allergies make me suffer! I try to avoid anything I can smell!

      Delete
  6. It's pollen season here in FL and my outdoor table has a light green haze on it and so does the bathroom windowsill and it's only open about 30min a day! I do wake up with a little phlemy cough but that's it for allergy symptoms - thank goodness. Hope your allergies are kept under control as everything seems to be blooming now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bellen,
      The oak pollen has not been evident here, but today may be the day. I cannot open anything or it comes in like a fine powder. And, my white car turns yellow. Yeah, the morning clearing of my head will continue for a bit this spring...well, three months more.

      Delete
  7. I lived in Hawaii for 13 years and rain was considered a blessing. And if it rained on your wedding day, that was considered good luck. Now I live near Seattle, and rain is not considered anything like that. But you know, I still like to think of it as a blessing. Keeps my mood lighter. And now you need to get through pollen season. Good luck. That is a very tough time of year for all pollen sufferers. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. tana50,
    I know we need rain. But, we get an average of 60 in per year here, so we have an abundance of blessings, mildew, mold, and allergies that go with dampness in addition to all that is blooming. Rain is good for our crops. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes but only in my bedroom. My eyes swell. No cut flowers allowed in my bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debby,
      If I plan to be in a room, no flowers allowed. So, I put them in the living room or the hall. Thanks.

      Delete
  10. I was going to say you are lucky spring is there, but not really so lucky when it means allergy season. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawm,
      I still am lucky spring is here. I have become accustomed to the fact if will be miserable, but am always glad it is spring. Thank you.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.