Contact Me

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Not Busy and Too Dizzy

When I awoke at 6:45 am Wednesday, I thought it was evening and I had slept all day. I did go to bed about 1 am, but since I really needed to rest more, I was confused, flipping from TV station to TV station, wondering why there was morning weather and news and where was the evening news.  Exbf was laughing as I related this because he said after a nap, he was sometimes confused.

Okay, got it? I was and am really ill. I was going to have to drive 25 miles to doctor today, and didn't think I could make it, so here I lie. I think exbf will have to drive me after the Christmas Party on Friday.

Today, I did get gifts to go to NY put into a Priority Mail box that I hope to get mailed Friday when exbf is here. I cannot find NY daughter's late birthday present, so I may have to buy something else or mail it even later.  Maybe tomorrow I can pack the ones for TX.

Staggering to the car to put the one gift box in there and going on to the mailbox have been my accomplishments outdoors today. I was hoping to feel well enough to drag a live trap out to set for raccoons. Oh, I did check my potatoes. They look pathetic.

Cheese toast, pecans, Kisses, milk, oj, a Coke, 3 Halos, and a sweet potato are all that I have consumed.  After our vicious little rush hour, I may drive slowly and redeem one of my Chick-fil-A coupons for a chicken sandwich. Maybe not. I really need KFC gravy. If I have enough money in my purse, I may get that. I don't want to write a check. Got both CFA sandwich and KFC gravy and spent about $1.50. Later, I will eat something green, maybe turnip greens.

One other thing I did was address Christmas cards for the Christmas card exchange organized by Anne at New Happenings at the Table...  Now, I remember where my stamps are. They have been living in the car...sigh.

I need to buy one more small gift and packing tape if I cannot find any here by Friday. The last roll of packing tape shredded in so many little strips that I threw it away. Hopefully, I have more around here.

And, I now see, late tonight, that I left some gifts out of that box. So, I repack and squish things in. Or, maybe get a large Priority box. And, I feel worse tonight.

Your turn
Did you ever awaken so sick you were confused about the time of day, as to whether it was morning or night?

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you're sick - get better quickly.
    I do not need to be sick to wake up from a nap disoriented, happens all the time to me. Hubby thinks it's funny, I don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bellen,
      Yes, I awake disoriented but recover. This time, it took me a long time to figure it out that the news was all morning because it WAS morning. exbf thought it was funny that the morning news and weather did not clue me in. No, not funny.

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better soon, being sick is really lousy. I tend not to be able to sleep at all when sick so that is an extra joy :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CC,
      Oh, I can sleep for hours even after a long night's sleep. I would hate not being able to sleep. Up to a certain point, I feel it is restorative. After that, I am just sick, sick, sick. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I think I have relapsed from the big sick I had a couple of weeks ago. I am ready to feel really well and it is not happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I keep having mini-relapses and then it got much worse this week. Then, today, Thursday, I feel like I might be better. Either way, I am going to the doctor tomorrow as I have had enough plus a horrid spot of pain in throat. I have been brave for two months or more, but I want medicine, NOW. I am ready to feel well, too. I cannot even type.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.