Contact Me

Monday, November 20, 2017

Getting Behind

It might be too late to turn in the Christmas Child boxes. I hope not. I worked hard on these 20 boxes and spent little but got lots of quality stuff to put in them. Lots of people go to Dollar Tree and get junk. I bought things all year long for ten-cents or a quarter. You can get a tshirt for 50 cents. Granted, these are WM tshirts, but they are decent.

My thumb is still sore on the right hand, but compared to the infected index finger on the left hand, it is wonderful. I feel like the Cook from Canterbury Tales Prologue with a festering sore. It has kept me from cooking and slowed me down on dishwashing. It throbs so I can feel it in my ear. I cannot find a needle to prick it for the life of me. No, I am not kidding about the festering sore. I am going to dr Wednesday for bloodwork, so if it is not better, I will show them.  I know it is gross. Deal with it.

Still no heat. Friend would not help. Well, he wanted to leave things where the house could burn down! Or, leave something stacked to fall over and start a fire. I need things removed from house and cannot pay anyone to help...lazy people.

My chest is getting better and worse by turn. It just depends on how cold I get and for how long. Mostly, I am moving toward recovery and don't feel ill, achy all over.

I forgot to go out and take the cardboard from the potatoes yesterday, so I cannot forgot to remove it on Tuesday. I found another sprouting potato that rolled away and was hiding. Since tomorrow I need to add more dirt to the potato, I will add this potato to another layer. Plus, I also found a red potato sprouting on the kitchen floor.

Tonight, I must make meatballs before the meat turns. I was going to make two kinds, but now, one kind is all I have the mind to make. Plus, it is almost 11 pm and I am cold and Modern Family will be on at midnight.

Even though I most likely will not cook a hen, I do want to cook the sweet potatoes, white potatoes, and cranberry sauce tomorrow. We will see.

My focus last night and part of today is getting all the boxes packed for Christmas Child. Right now, toasted and buttered bagels is my  focus.  My life is so exciting! However, I was ill last Thanksgiving, so I love this calm.

Where are you in the cooking for Tday process?

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better by Thanksgiving.

    On another note, Canterbury Tales? I laughed when I saw your reference to the Cook. My school followed a very British System for teaching English so, Canterbury Tales were a part of our English Literature Curriculum. Nobody liked it except for me Too bad, they decided to teach something else when so many people were so much against it and a lot of parents raised objections. They thought, we needed to learn modern English. I was bummed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T'Pol,
      My goodness! That's too bad. I have no idea how a British system for teaching English differs from our American system but the Tales are certainly an important part of literature. I found the translation fairly easy once I got the hang of reading it. The Tales are certainly a historical look at language and an important part of studying history of the time it was about. If I lived near you, I could study with you. There is nothing I love better than to discuss literature. What did they use to replace Tales? I studied it in hs, at university once in early 20s in a overview, and then solely a class in Tales.

      I seem to feel better by the hour. My finger may or may not be getting better.
      Thanks.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.