Contact Me

Friday, October 13, 2017

"They will just have to deal with it" + spending less on eating out + less for sewing supplies

This was J's response to what about the money she had said she would pay to probation office--Well, they will just have to deal with it.

Well, to state or wherever it goes. I was horrified and told her she needed to deal with the obligation. She did this to get out of jail. I calmed down and said, "Oh, yeah, they know how to deal with it--put out a warrant for your arrest, AGAIN. J looked surprised and said, oh, yes, they might.

She obligated herself to mow my yard months ago and has not mowed it in over two months. Actually, she has never finished it once. She just puts me off. She waits until she "has to cook supper" and just leaves with promise of I will come back and finish it. AND, in the meantime, she has been paid because she is desperate for money. NO MORE. She got mad and yelled at me and will not mow. However, I will not pay her for other things until she did the day before until she mows. This money will go to pay a money order for the time she stole from WM.

In 17 days, she will be homeless.

I call in to try to be one of about six callers to get the chicken deals on a local TV station. It is also broadcast on radio at same time. Well, this week, I could only catch a DQ deal. I paid $6 for $17.52 worth. At Dairy Queen that buys a  two chicken baskets that holds four chicken strips each, two French fries, two buttered Texas toast and two soft drinks, all yucky Pepsi products...gah. Of course, the drink can be refilled.

There is no way I would ever pay $17.52  for two lunches. Neither would exbf. Yet we can both eat for $3 each. We never eat out unless there is a coupon. Last month, we ate with a $10 gift certificate he won at the Senior Christmas party last year. Of course, he paid for the rest the coupon did not cover at Cracker Barrel.

(I did purchase a cheap restaurant meal deal from TV and I hated the food. Who put hot peppers in cole slaw??? Everything we ordered hat hot peppers in it.)

I also scored another $6 coupon for $20 at the cloth shop. I am going to look around and see if there is a chance I can get a Christmas gift there. All the coupons are for local items.

This last Wednesday, a2milk was 2/$6 instead of $4.29, so I bought two half gallons.and saved $2.81. Before the deal goes off on Tuesday, I will buy two more half gallons for $6. One of the half gallons is dated Nov. 21. I will drink it well before then. Maybe I can catch this on sale all the time and never pay full price.


We can buy lunch cheaply. Exbf would prefer grilled cheese to spending money some days, okay, most days. If we eat fast food for lunch, we dig around in his console and find a coupon.

Your turn
Do you always try to use a coupon to eat lunch or dinner?


8 comments:

  1. I am a haphazard coupon user, but I rarely eat lunch out and most of the places we eat out at night don't have coupons. TheHub gets restaurant gift cards fairly regularly though, so we do use them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      We rarely eat lunch out either. I think all restaurants in this town are coupon restaurants. Well, some coupons I can only get on this local program Restaurant gift cards beat coupons any day.

      Delete
  2. Coupons are rare here. And we rarely eat out.
    It sounds as if J is going to learn some hard lessons. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad about coupons. Well, I don't eat out that often, just only with coupons. Her day of reckoning is coming.

      Delete
  3. I guess you cannot help people unless they want to help themselves. I was feeling sorry for J since she will be homeless in winter time but apparently, she is a slacker and she has no intention to turn her life around. Please be careful. I did not like reading that she had the nerve to yell at you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is either volatile, weepy, or confused. She uses her emotional state to control people. NOT ME!

      Delete
  4. Yes please be careful. Sounds like you are more worried than she is. Maybe she thinks you will save her?
    We do not eat out much. But a treat is DQ for one of those chicken baskets and a mushroom swiss burger meal for my husband. No coupon, about sixteen dollars. Shame on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She just doesn't want to be responsible for herself, using talking to her host as excuse or cooking for her bf.
      See? That food is expensive! $6 for two seems like a lot to me. I don't eat out much and need to eat out even less.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.