Contact Me

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Milking the Lymph Glands or How to Beat a Viral or Bacterial Infection

I started the milking as an informal way to feel better when I was so ill with something in my head, ears, and sinuses. I did this for about five years. Not five years solid, just as need for about five years. One day, I sheepishly related my self-help technique to my nurse friend who was visiting.

She said, "Oh yes, that's 'milking the glands'." I was shocked it had a name. I thought that I thought this up all by myself and thought she would laugh.

I started by stroking lightly from under my ear to my collarbone. In later sessions, I progressed to rubbing behind my ear to collarbone. Later yet, I rubbed under chin to collarbone. In all cases, I followed the exact motions in the diagrams I will give you.

Before I give you the link, please ignore all the Chinese herbal advice. Well, let's put it this way--I don't use these herbs and have no opinion on them. However, if you like, skip to the section titled "Second."

I have been doing this for two days now in addition to taking OTCs.

A lymph gland in the ancillary breast tissue is enflamed hurting so much and has been for about 15 years while the doctors "watch it." What? Until it becomes cancerous?

Yesterday, I decided to see if there were instructions for "milking the lymph glands." Lo and Behold! There are instructions to do as I have been doing to my head and neck. Later on in the article, there is a diagram for milking lymph glands in the area of the breast.

First, I am going to have the mammogram done. Oh, the breast tissue on the other side is hurting worse than the long time achy breast tissue.

Take this site with a grain of salt. Well, you may want to take Chinese herbs, but I don't and am not suggesting it.

When I go to the breast doctor, I will discuss this before I start.

Here is the site. There are others if you google "milking the lymph glands."

This edu site gives you complete information on the lymphatic sytstem. Well, I spelled "system" wrong but I am not going to redo the link.

There is a new fad called "dry brushing" where the person uses a brush to stroke any part of the body, always toward the heart, to clean out the lymphatic system. Have you heard of that or done it?

Your turn
Have you ever done this "milking." Has a doctor or a health professional ever suggested this for you? What were the results for you? Have you ever heard of "brushing"?  If you will talk to me but not here, you can email me at pparsimony@yahoo.com

12 comments:

  1. I have heard of lymphatic drainage massage, which I am assuming is the same thing, but I have never used these techniques either through a therapist or for myself.
    As I read the page about it I tapped on my breastbone to find the thymus gland and true to the advice on the site, it hurt when i found it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I have never heard of lymphatic drainage massage. However, I imagine it is the same thing. For years, I thought it was a weird thing I was doing. I could not find my thymus. Maybe I was doing it wrong. I will try again. Thanks for the info.

      Delete
  2. Never heard of this but seems like it is something to consider next time I am sick. Very interesting. As for herbs, I am with you. I would not want to mess with them especially given that, I am on several medications.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T'Pol,
      I try to start this early and not let myself get too sick before I start. Herbs and supplements can be dangerous. I know people take them and live, but I have so many allergies.

      Delete
  3. Lymphatic drainage massage is offered by several spas in my area. The therapists are specially trained. Glad you found you can do it yourself with good results.

    Dry brushing is not a fad, it's been around for well over 40 years. It is often used in conjunction with lymphatic drainage massage. Again, something you can do for yourself at home.

    Herbs and supplements, used properly, can be very good. However, no one should use them without first consulting their doctor especially if taking prescription medications or have other medical issues, like allergies.

    Hope that both help you with your health. The more we can personally do to maintain our health, the better we will be - health wise and financially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bellen,
      Actually, dry brushing has been around for thousands of years. As it stsnds now, it is a trend, nothing new.

      I try to respect others' reluctance to take herbs and supplements. No one knows who will have a reaction. What is "proper use" is different for each person. They won't be included in my repertoire, so "both" will not happen here. Thanks for your opinion.

      Delete
    2. Linda, by both I meant lymph massage and dry brushing, not herbs and supplements.

      Delete
  4. never heard of it..wonder if it will help my son with his (in remission) cancer of tongue and glad in neck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jackiesue,
      I don't know. I doubt it would hurt anything. Good luck with the remission.

      Delete
  5. I used to live next door to a massage therapist, who did 'lymphatic drainage". I went to him once a month to experience it. It was a light touch as he explained how this was helping to move lymphatic fluids out of the system. It felt good to get. I don't know if it had any therapeutic value than a very good placebo effect, but I would do so again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ur-spo,
      I do use a very light touch. I imagine it did have therapeutic value. But, if a person does not perceive a problem then maybe it keeps a problem from arising.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.