Contact Me

Friday, October 20, 2017

In the Yard

I have to watch practically every move j makes! For whatever reason, she does not follow directions. Plus, some stuff she does not know how to do or what to do. We went through this yesterday with the front yard. Today is back and side yards.

Yesterday, she had to take off the hour her bf is home for lunch. Then, he did not get home on time, so she wanted a half hour more. NO! So, she is home for her lunch now and to get long pants.

I slept from 7 pm yesterday until 9:30 am today. I awoke for an hour three different times and passed out each time from exhaustion. More on that later. Sitting or standing watching her is killing me. But, the yard will be done right. And, I will pay for her driver's license. Otherwise, bf will want cigarettes or to go out and eat!

Ugh! Just had scrambled eggs and milk for lunch. She should be back in three minutes. Yes, I get picky about the time she returns. When she is five minutes later than she says, I go ballistic in my head, not to her. So many times she just never comes back or calls three hours later and apologizes. Grrrr

My knee and shin hurt so bad last night, I almost cried. But, I resisted taking anything for pain.

Be back tonight if today does not finish me off.

Loved the comments yesterday.

10 comments:

  1. Don't you have anyone else in your town you can hire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really. People think they need $15 an hour. To help me, she is doing it cheaply. Well, maybe there is, but how to find them?

      Delete
  2. If you are getting your yard done for the price of a drivers license you are getting an incredible deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,

      She was going to mow my yard for nothing just to help. But, I would not hear of that. I said I would give her $10 for front and back. She half does it and swears she is done, so she is getting about $20/hour since it takes her 30 min to do a half-a$$ed job. Now, I am staying with her as she does no prep and mows up paper after I say, "pick up paper." She says she forgets. grrr

      To reinstate her license it will cost $150! That is not what I had in mind. Soooo, we have to figure out what to do as there are other problems, tickets, thousands of dollars worth.

      Delete
    2. $10 for front and $10 for back. I furnish gas, mower, and she walks a block or I go get her.

      Delete
    3. Wow and to think I was envious of your deal

      Delete
  3. I'm in the suburbs in Missouri. A while back, while my husband had an illness, we had our front and back yard done, with trimming and grass mess cleaned up after, for $30. We didn't have it done every week, only as needed. I found out what lawn service my neighbors had and used the same one. So you may find someone by asking your neighbors. It sounds like the situation you have now would be rather aggravating and could lead to bad feelings down the road. I hope it will all work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My neighbors do their own. I have hired people to mow reasonably but the one guy had a mental problem and refused to mow it as high as his mower will mow. He started screaming at me, so I paid him and told him to leave. I hired a yard service one year. They insisted on using grass killer around the edges instead of weed eater and were going to charge me $100. I have had good luck and bad with getting it mowed. She may have hard feeling down the road, but I have them now...lol. And, she knows my gripes now. I bought a mower with a bagger so I would not have to pay for raking, which no one ever does completely. Thanks, I am muddling through.

      Delete
  4. you get what you pay for...for that $15 an hour he could probably do what she did in 3...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jackiesue,
      He charged $30 for less than an hours' mowing and would not listen to me or do it how I wanted it and the correct way. I got more than I paid for with him. He just destroyed things in my yard.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.