Contact Me

Friday, October 20, 2017

In the Yard Again

I am so tired. Today, I sat while J picked up and moved stuff in the yard and cut down green things. There was a lot to do, mainly because she was always going to do it later, AND I have pots and buckets galore. Plus, she cut more wisteria to free two tables and a rack to hang clothes on that I am giving to her--not the tables, just the hanging rack. Most of the buckets went to the road for trash day. I am quite sure they will be gone in the morning.

Since she trips over wisteria and has such a hard time cutting it, I am quite sure she will never allow it to live in any yard she might have...lol.

She was wondering why I am saving all dirt from various pots. I need to fill in the trench in the yard made by the water being pumped out of the basement. And, the trench dug to put in the water line still needs more dirt in it to make the yard right. Most of the length is filled in but not some in the side yard.

My nice neighbor with whom she lives picks up black nursery pots of dirt he finds on the side of the road. He uses the dirt to fill in little divots in his yard. She thinks that is strange. ??? She thinks I should throw the dirt in the trash.

She never got around to mowing today. I had other plans. She sprayed the picnic table with something to clean it off--grime, mold, green stuff. Then, my plan was to have her paint at least the top on Saturday. It has been dry enough that painting is a great idea right now. We will see.

Plus, I took her (my idea) to courthouse so she could go find out about getting a driver's license. Supposedly, she has to pay $150 to reinstate her license and about $2000 in fines. She was driving someone's car and got a ticket for wrong plates. The woman today said even if the car was owned by someone else, the owner had to pay fine. That does not seem right. Plus, another time, she did not have proof of insurance on the same car. It belonged to someone else, but she has to pay the fine. That does not seem right.

She is very depressed by this news. But, I am going to find out of this is true. Legal aid is the only thing I can suggest for her.

Her bf is crazy. He had to come by here and say "bye" after lunch. I want him to stay away from here. I suspect he was just checking up on her. Maybe he just wanted to prove to me he can come here.

She cannot drive a stick, and that is what bf bought. I am going to find someone to teach her. He does not want her to learn. I had a friend in her 50s whose husband only bought a stick. I thought it was to keep her home. He had to drive her everywhere. I know how to drive a stick!

For lunch, I had the last of my fresh eggs, scrambled and with a glass of milk. Dinner was a Chicken Caesar salad and too many cookies with a glass of milk. Later tonight, I will have a fruit salad--banana, grapes, apple. Later, I will put vegetables in the crock pot.

I went to Lowe's for something I did not get, and bought a yellow mum for $1.50. It is tiny, but I put it into a pretty blue and yellow pot and placed it in the kitchen window. I can only afford tiny mums and plan to keep them over the winter.  Hopefully, the will live and grown larger next year.

For a few weeks I have been talking up a drive on the Natchez Trace to ex bf. Keep your fingers crossed. We won't drive the whole thing, just a section.

Your turn
Do you throw away dirt in a pot or do you find a use for it? Can you drive a stick shift? Have you ever heard of a driver of a car having to pay fine for changed tag or lack of insurance?

12 comments:

  1. Yes, we have only owned stick shifts, I save dirt and recycle it with new or composted dirt, and it is always the drivers responsibility to make sure what they drive is licensed and insured not the car a car cannot insure itself.s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, if you drive a car belonging to someone else, you get a ticket if the person does not insure their car? I have never owned a stick, but I can drive one. Glad to know you don't throw dirt in the trash can. Can you imagine? Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Here in Alabama the car is registered to the owner so the owner should be held responsible for the tags. The insurance is a gray area though.
    I think the best way to learn to drive a stick is to just get in and drive. After enough jerks and stalls you will get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      If I drive a car not mine, my insurance takes care of anything that happens when I drive it. I will have to check on that next week. But, I believe the tags being switched is a problem for the owner of the car.

      I had someone teach me. Otherwise, the car would have had no transmission left. I had lots of jerks and stalls. I rolled backwards down one hill about 20 times before I could finally get it to go forward. Now, this was near the high school and about 2 am, so rolling backwards was not a traffic problem. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Hmm interesting about the car! I thought insurance always went with the car (unless of course, you stole it). That's why I would never loan my car to anyone except a trusted friend/family member. If they are in an accident, my insurance has to pay unless other car driver's fault?? As for a traffic violation ticket, that would be on the driver who needs a valid DL. Tags? Registration- on the owner. My state requires registration be kept in the car. I learned to drive on a stick but hate them and have never owned one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      I think you are right--owner of car takes care of insurance and tags. I think she will try to protect the guy who owned the car, possibly paying thousands so he won't get into trouble. I can drive a stick, but will not. Well, not for good, maybe on a loan.

      Delete
  4. We save all dirt from pots in a garbage can to be used later, unless of course we have holes/divots/depressions to fill in in the yard.

    I think, and I could be wrong, that in FL and CT, the only states I'm familiar with, the owner of the car is responsible for carrying insurance on the car and for the tags. But, if the car is uninsured and being driven by someone who's not the owner and they get a ticket shouldn't the owner of the car pay the fine? I think Legal Aid is a good idea for J. Laws are complicated.

    Your little yellow mum in the blue and yellow pot sounds so cheerful. Something to brighten your day every time you see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bellen,
    I mean, did dirt get dirty or torn that she thinks it should go in the trash? I did have one moldy plant, and I did not save that dirt.

    I think you are right. There are two different types of tickets. One is a driving ticket. The other is a ticket for state of car. There are names for these.

    Since I have yellow counters, the pot and mum looks very cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back when I was an active gardener I never threw anything out but recycled and composted. Throwing out dirt was a no-no.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always save the dirt.and recycle the shards in the bottom of the pot..keep them in a big pot..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I caught her dumping dirt on the ground! Saving dirt and shards just seems common sense or a lesson that should have been learned early.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.