Contact Me

Monday, September 25, 2017

This is Scary and Lighter Side

I found this on AL.com

"I think Donald Trump is a wise man and he knows what he is doing," said Chestang. "We trust the Lord. It's all about God and our country and each and every individual's souls being saved."

This is from his trip to Huntsville, AL, just north of me.

Trump is trying to save our souls? Really? I'm scared.

On the lighter side: I miss Dominique! I was going to save the apple core, a gristle bit, a bit of bread crust, just anything edible. All these would go to Dominique. I decided to come home to feed her. No, she is not here, so I cannot save anything for her. There is no need to rush home before it rains.

Every time a chicken departs, I miss it. However, there has always been another chicken to feed. This time, there is nothing. I will need to reject all scraps at the lunches. Everything here just goes into the trash now. I feel like there is an empty spot in my heart.

12 comments:

  1. Chickens are pretty peaceful animals...and great garburators. People need to separate God and that Orange Man as the two are opposite sides of the spectrum. This is where the sheep part come in...and then they leap off their cliff following someone who is a complete idiot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheapchick,
      Chickens locked up have absolutely no power, no way to defend themselves and no way to get food. So, they are dependent.

      This was a delusional man from here in AL who was speaking. I don't like to get political on here, but I could not help posting the statement. Can I quote you?

      Delete
  2. It's so hard when our pets leave. Dominque was like a pet. She will be happy in her new home, but I am sure she is missing you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      You are right; it's hard. She may not miss me if she is fed regularly. I was remiss so many days when I could not get out there. Plus, she will have chicken friends, but she will be separated from them so she won't be pecked and tortured all the time.

      Delete
  3. I know you miss Dominique but if it helps any she is doing really great. I kept her separate for a while but she wanted to be in with the other girls so badly it broke my heart and I went ahead and let her in with the group. She's done great! A couple of my older hens tried to peck on her but she kicked their butt and put them in their place! I laughed. She doesn't let anyone push her around. She has caught on really quick when I let her out with the others to free-range too. She found the door to my art studio where I hand out treats and the other hens hang out there too. She made friends with a couple of the Red Stars and they have been showing her the ropes. I think she's been a little overwhelmed at some of it cuz I'd catch her just standing and staring at everything, looking all around, but she's getting used to stuff well and no one tried picking on her anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice of you to post the update on her new accommodations!

      Delete
    2. MamaHen,
      Thanks for letting me know. Being picked on was what I feared. The "hen" I bought with her was a rooster, but she tore into her/him regularly. She is the only hen I have ever had that did not get to come to the back door. I am glad she has a back door for treats.
      she missed free-ranging like she did before she came here. I am breathing easier now that you have told me how she is doing. Poor thing, here with no friends! I am so happy for her.

      Delete
    3. tana50,
      Me too. I am relieved.

      Delete
  4. i'd rather the chicken stayed and donald departed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jackiesue,
      That is a great idea. How can we make it happen?

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.