Contact Me

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

It's always something

I found out why I have so much pain in my right hand. I have broken a bone. No wonder it hurts! I spent two weeks getting over the pain of driving to Nashville. I kept my hand just resting on the steering wheel or in lap for two weeks. Plus, I avoid using it for daily living.

When anyone extends a hand to shake mine, I almost shake the hand and then recoil. Plus, switching to my left hand is a habit now, making the left hand overworked. I have a brace that was not fitted and hurts my hand, so I don't wear it. Hopefully, I can get it fitted at next appointment.

That is how I have lived the last two weeks, avoiding using my hand. I ask for a half gallon of milk, and refuse to handle it, asking the person to put it in the basket of the electric cart.

How can I type, you may wonder. I don't pound the keys and never have, I keep my fingers flat to keep carpal tunnel from getting worse. You cannot hear me type. Some people hit the keys on my computer so hard that I ask them to stop.

Right now, my hand hurts a bit, but I overworked Monday. Three loads of laundry were too much for my right hand.

There were few dishes in the dishwasher, but I got them out. I struggled to load it again. About three hours later, I looked in. ALL THE DISHES were just as dirty. There was no water! Remember, the guy turned off the water to water heater, so I have no water going into the dishwasher. UGH! Now, the dirty dishes have been baked by the dishwasher. I just cannot wash them, now.

Hopefully, the dishwasher is not ruined by running it without water. What do you think?

This is one more expense and pain in the neck for me if I ruined it.  I still don't have the money for the utility bill. This is wearing me down! And, my hand is so useless!

I must wash my hair in cold water and go to the free lunch today. The weather was beautiful yesterday and will be today. And, there will be music.

14 comments:

  1. It definitely is always something! I would not have thought about the dishwasher and no hot water either, but of course it is only hooked up to the hot water valve. I hope your hot water heater issue is resolved quickly, along with your hurt hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,
    There was no warning since the dishwasher made noise, I just assumed things were okay. I need a cheap water heater! I am sure surgery is soon for the hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about your hand, I hope you get it healed quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must be painful! At least now you know what is causing it and can get it healed. I hope your dishwasher is ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      It really does hurt. I told exbf--see, I am really hurt. However, he believed me when I said it really hurt.

      Delete
  5. So sorry about your hand! All that pain. Hopefully now it will get fixed properly. I don't know about the dishwasher, but I hope it will be OK. One more thing. You will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      I have tried to carry on through the pain. I am scheduled to see a surgeon. Pray for the dishwasher!

      Delete
  6. Sigh. There is indeed. Often several somethings. I hope you can get some relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC,
      Let's hope I don't have to add dishwasher repair to the list of somethings. Thanks.

      Delete
  7. How in the world did you break a bone in your hand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      Do you remember when I tripped over the wisteria vine in February? Then.

      Delete
  8. You and I and our broken bones that we don't even know are there. Sorry about that it will heal if you quit using it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      The only other bone I have broken is when I was 24--a little toe. It is hard to not use my hand, especially when I have to catch a door that someone let go of, and was about to bash me. Have you broken many bones? Email me, please.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.