Contact Me

Thursday, September 21, 2017

$20 Value for $6

On Wednesday, after my doctor's appointment, I decided to go to the fabric/sewing shop. I had a coupon for $20 worth of merchandise, a coupon that cost me $6. Since he did not have what I wanted, a long craft needle, I just got a piece of fabric. I think I came within a nickel of using the whole value of the coupon.

Along with this coupon, several weeks ago I paid $6 for a $10 coupon at KFC. We used it a few weeks ago for lunch before he took me to a doctor's appointment in Birmingham or Huntsville, forgot which..

Speaking of going to the doctor, I am feeling much better! A nice shot in my derriere is working magic. Now, I just need to rest instead of wearing myself out. Since I still have no water in the house, I will not be doing much. But, I need to go to the laundromat to wash a load of black pants and a load of white. The dishwasher still has a few clean dishes, so I can empty them and put the ones rotting in the sink into the dishwasher.

Okay, I took five pair of black pants to the laundromat and poured a half cup of vinegar into the washing machine door. I mean in the front of the washing machine and on the clothes. I don't use the dispenser on top of the machine.

It cost me $2. I had nothing else black to wash! I easily carried all five pair of pants and the vinegar in a water bottle as I entered. When I left, I could barely carry the five wet pair. Since I put the machine on a gentle wash, the pants were waterlogged. I only brought one pair in the house. It's now hanging in a doorway. I need to go out and retrieve the other four pair and hang them to dry. ugh

The guy who was to come here is no longer answering his phone when I call. Why did he say he would come??? I could have been looking for someone else to pump out the basement! GRRR

I read about people using Hancock's coupons. Are they a good bargain? What kind of discount do you get?  Our Hancock left town!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. Me too. Email me. I don't know where your email is.

      Delete
  2. Contractors kill me! They never show up when they say they are going to. Frustrates me to no end. I really hope you get someone soon to pump out all of that water - it is not good just sitting there. Hancocks closed where I am, so I just have Joanns and Hobby Lobby. I order most of my fabric online now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,
      He is someone who is helping me, not a contractor. I found out that he had been to out of town doctor and was sick another day.

      Delete
  3. I hope you can find someone to get that water pumped out! Makes you wonder how people stay in business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      He does not have a business, just helping me after his work day.

      Delete
  4. I constantly marvel at your cleverness to save money. You teach me things I hadn't thought of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uespo,
      Thanks. I suppose I watched my parents clever ways and it is a way of thinking now.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.