Contact Me

Saturday, September 23, 2017

12:15 until 3:00

That is how long it took to pump the water from the basement. It was as high inside the door as outside. The guy brought his son. It took both of them to carry the pump. It looked like a generator--huge and gasoline powered. I had to give them the last of my 100% gasoline. Well, I offered it and he used it.

Let me tell you the stagnant water was fetid! Yeah, the smell, oh, the smell! The whole backyard smells like a swamp. Some of the water ran under the fence where the eternal hole is. Whatever is underground is probably drowned.

The whole top of the water heater just "blew up" is how he described it, saying usually the bottom goes out. I bought this in 1989 or thereabouts. I will have no hot water for awhile. I still don't have enough money to keep electric and water one...sigh. Read carefully. I do have electricity. I don't have enough money for the exorbitant bill of $691.57 which keeps the utilities on. I received $150 in paypal and checks when I asked for help. Some of the comments are just bizarre since I do have electricity and water from city was never turned off. I asked them to turn it off at my meter.

But, I am happy. I have gone to the laundromat twice and was going this evening. I wash one load at a time because more than one load is more than I can do and still function.

Have you ever had everything happen at once? Well, I have been  needing the water pumped out and he came.  And, I have wanted to give away Dominique. Well, MamaHen from Edifice Rex came just after the water guy did! I was just sitting and watching water flow, so it all turned out great.

MamaHen gently caught Dominique and put her in a nice cage for the ride home. Dominique was so hot from the chase of getting caught that her mouth was open, trying to cool off. She will be in the cab of the truck with the ac going. So, she will cool off fine.

I had a pleasant visit with her and husband. I truly believe they will treat Dominique with kindness. She will have her own run and house for awhile. Mama Hen brought me a dozen fresh eggs, gathered yesterday and never washed, just like I like them.

A nap is calling my name along with the washing machine and dishwasher.  Nap wins.

Update: I awoke from a good nap to be greeted by bizarre comments and accusations that really depressed me. And, some of these were from people whose blog and decisions in their life I have supported. I was getting depressed reading the comments, so I deleted most of them and will just move forward. I am not angry, just trying to regain my very good mood today. If you have a question, just email me. If you have a negative comment, just email me.

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes here, everything happens at once. Never fails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle,
      It worked out okay this time...lol.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. I was shocked and unhappy to hear you received nasty comments. I suppose this is the hazard of writing in public where anyone can say anything and hide anonymously. I am sorry this happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Some were nice people and some were anonymous. Some were nasty and belittling. I just got rid of all of the comments that stated I had no power or water. ???

      Delete
  5. Your blog, your right to remove whatever you want. Glad the water is gone now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Thanks. I just removed the ones saying things they thought were true like I had no power or water. It is a great relief to me to have it out of the basement and have water in the faucets.

      Delete
  6. Sorry! I'm a blunt person myself but honestly, things happen that we have no control over. I can tell you are a frugal person with some bad luck. Yes, once my hot water heater leaked all over the garage (no basements here) and what a mess! Mine came from the bottom like you said. I had to buy one and pay for installation UGH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NAN,
      Thank you. At least you could see the water. I have not been down the basement stairs for two years. When I asked the guy how much I owed him, he said to get everything fixed--water heater and installation and we will see then. He won't be installing the water heater, so it is not like he will bill me at the end. His job is done. I am afraid to even go price a water heater. Of course, the ideal thing would be an on-demand water heater. But, that won't happen!

      Delete
  7. Sometimes, when I see blog comments, I wonder at people's reading comprehension skills.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.