Contact Me

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Grocery Shopping: Bad News, Shopping: Good News

As of September 11, 2017 no Walmart will price-match/ad-match. I always say "price-match," but the correct term is "ad-match." This makes me very SAD. Until then, I will take advantage of it as much as I can, maybe some stocking-up items will be purchased in more abundance.  We have Labor Day ads in the window of opportunity.

Thanks for the birthday present, Walmart! NOT

As for the good news, I found an app that a couple were using today at WM. It is called Shopkick.  I made $0.75 today and could barely figure out how to use it. I may get J to go with me. She is capable of using her phone and mine to get both phones racking up money. There are several cards you can get the points on. Or, as the couple I saw did, you can get money off your grocery bill. They received $2 off their shopping trip today just by scanning while at the store.

There is an option to just scan things o and an option to buy the item. Of course, you get more credit for buying than scanning. Since I had already purchased one of the items during the shopping trip, I was able to scan the upc on the receipt and get a large number of points. I was checking out and ready to leave when I discovered this app, so things were bagged when I figured this out.

The mental effort to figure out how to do this and recover the app as I went to find things to scan in the store will be a good brain exercise. With the effort I am having to put forth, my brain will never go old...lol.

Your turn
Have you ever used this app--shopkick? What are the best apps you have found that you can recommend?

2 comments:

  1. They stopped price matching at ours July 16th. The cashier said they want us to use their saving catcher in our phone but I don't have a smartphone. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      The trouble with the price catcher is that you have to have the money to purchase the items! Then, you can hope WM price matches or catches with that store.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.