Contact Me

Friday, April 28, 2017

Do I REALLY want to get up so early?

The free breakfast next week is for cancer survivors. I am that. But, 7 am? UGH. I suppose I will just this once to see what the program is. I will have to take my own a2milk. Maybe I will take some eggs from my hens, scrambled, of course. Or, I could eat before I go! Or, stay in bed.

Then, also next week there is a free dinner for cancer survivors, too. That, I can make.

Plus, there is a free lunch next week at the church where there was a great program.

So, three meals out of 21 works for me.

I missed the free lunch at a presentation this past week. This bronchitis is not letting go, even with meds. I am so tired all the time but don't feel sick and NEVER cough. My blood pressure was 123/62 and oxygen absorption 99%. Very low temp--below 98.6 F, no cough, just can feel light scraping in chest.

Tonight, I lay in bed with a mixing bowl on my chest and ate mashed potatoes, real ones I made. Exbf was here today and took me to the doctor and to Publix to get my a2milk. I made quick and easy dinner--mashed potatoes, field peas, sausages--but was to tired to eat.

At least the skies are brilliant blue with little clouds scudding along.

Your turn
How is your spring going? Flowers? Mowing? Digging? Planting?

12 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon Linda. It sucks to feel weak and tired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T'Pol,
      Thanks. Thankfully, exbf understands and drives me around once a week.

      Delete
  2. So sorry! No fun to not feel well. Next weekend we're going to Disney so gotta get my walking in. I finally bought myself some new tops and dressier shoes. I have never been a person who cares a lot about clothes but sometimes, you just have to shop. I'm off to the thrift store- they have rooms of books and every so often I go and get a bagful. Maybe I'll see something else I like- I certainly need nothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely buy more than one clothing item at a time, because I rarely rarely find more than one item that suits me. Of course, if I find something I really like, I might buy the top in three colors. Sometimes, I buy two tops in the same color if I really love it. I just wish I were sewing my own clothes! Have fun shopping for books. That's the most fun shopping of all!

      Delete
  3. Please feel better soon! Having energy is such a blessing that it is easy to forget what others are dealing with when their energy up and leaves. I hope you find your energy again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      I forgot where I lost my energy! It seems it has been so long since I truly felt energetic. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  4. There is no meal worth getting up and being out by 7 .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      My thoughts, exactly. However, this is a good time to find out what this group is doing. I am supposed to be on a contact list. Even though I give my contact information, I never hear anything. Maybe I will go, maybe not. I should.

      Delete
  5. That is way early to have a breakfast, but perhaps it is so early so that people can get to work after? I hope that you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      I had not thought about people going to work. The cancer survivors are not all elderly or out of the work force. Some will be running in the relay Friday night.

      Thanks. It seems tonight I am finally feeling a bit better. Let's hope this leads to recovery.

      Delete
  6. My spring is awash in allergies. I can not wait to see them done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      My allergies are responsible for all my illnesses yearlong. Privet is blooming right outside my door, too large for me to lop. My car ac needs repair, something I hope to accomplish this week!

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.