Contact Me

Saturday, October 22, 2016

This Could Turn Me Off Halloween Candy!

In my head I was saying, "Nooo, tell me it isn't so!"

What does this list do for you? I probably won't buy anything but candy corn, but I want a snack-sized piece or four of Mounds and a handful of Tootsie Rolls. Reeses' Peanut Butter Cups cannot be that bad! Tell me it isn't so!

Make sure your chocolate goodness is not "Dutch processed," "Dutched," or "processed with alkali." I think all this candy is processed with alkali. That won't stop me...lol. However, I don't plan to eat much of anything.

Check out the bad news about Halloween treats right HERE.

Your turn
Which of the treats for Halloween trick or treat is your favorite to eat? If you buy treats, what do you hand out?

6 comments:

  1. Favorite- Snickers but I am dieting and won't be eating any. I love Halloween and splurge on treats for the kids. I buy the big candy bars and have 50 already to hand out. At 8 PM, I turn the light out though LOL! I've never run out of candy in the 20 years I've lived in this house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NAN,
      If you hand out the big bars, I am surprised that you are not on a permanent list for some people. I might eat a Snickers, not my favorite, but wholly acceptable...lol...save calories for just chocolate. Turning out the lights is smart.

      Delete
  2. I am a Reeces fanatic. My kids knew to eat them before they came home. I have a hard time stopping and I'm not supposed to eat them. But I have to splurge to keep my sanity. My MIL says that I go on benders. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonya Ann,
      I love Reeses too...benders, lol. My children guarded anything chocolate. They knew me too well.

      Delete
  3. This year the 'A" candy are little dark chocolate wrapped with a black pipe cleaner. The "B" candy are smarties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ur-spo,
      I don't know what the first is, but I ate Smarties once and never again. It was like eating a sugar cube.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.