Contact Me

Monday, September 26, 2016

Birthday Dinner

Well, I finally felt well enough to enjoy a dinner and exbf was here. We went to Top Hat in Blountsville, AL. This place is down in the woods on old two lane highway 31. Most of the time, there are car tags from at least 6 counties in the parking lot. He even saw some friends from Birmingham! It's not fancy. It's a treat since I very seldom drive 17 miles for  the best  bbq around.

Dessert was a $0.99 Chocolate coconut bon bon from the counter by the register. I never, ever buy these as the only place I see them is at the Top Hat. They are about the size of a golf ball, maybe larger. I took it with me and could not finish it.

These people have made their million. They close before Thanksgiving and don't open until after the New Year.

Of course, I brought home the leftovers from my baked potato with sour cream for Dominique. She will be happy tomorrow.

This weekend, it was 100 degrees about 15 miles south of me and 98 degrees 190 miles to the north. Of course, you know it was hot here, too. I never heard the temperature for my city.

Your turn
What exciting or mediocre thing is happening in your world?

8 comments:

  1. I haven't been to the Top Hat in years!! I need to take my husband because he's not from around here and has never been.
    This is going to come up under a new name but it's Annie at Edifice Rex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MamaHen,
      He will love it. Today, the meat was barely warm, so make sure it is hot. We got a plate with two sides. Of course, I had to have cole slaw for the bbq.

      Delete
  2. Exciting things: School started 9/1. Poor son who is a sophomore, has been sick EVERY Monday and Tuesday. He gets home on Fridays, by Saturday, he is coughing and wheezing. Other tgan that, we are back in the swing of school, music lessons, and one sporting event/week. Meanwhile, I am scrambling to can applesauce from the dozen trees...these apples aren't pretty, but they are tasty. I am also waiting for my tomatoes to turn red. So, nothing exciting, but it satisfies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megb.,
      Poor son. Maybe he should take up more hand washing at school..alcohol cleanser. You sound so busy. I wish I had apple trees. Now, that sounds exciting!

      Delete
  3. I need to ride to Blountsville and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Lots of people from your way do. Two couples from down your way were there when we were. Get off at 287 and turn left on 31.

      Delete
  4. It sounds wonderful!!!!! Never heard of one before but being from Chicago probably has something to do with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonya Ann,
      That might be the reason! I was going to have Sluggy eat there when she came through. But, she came through too late in the day.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.