Contact Me

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Update: Dehydrating Sweet Potatoes--Final Chapter

To read the complete process:

Part one
Part two

Today, I rehydrated the 1/2 cup of sweet potatoes I had dehydrated into 3 Tbsp of powder. I used 1/2 cup of boiling water and mixed the powder and water together.  Since I was eager, I tasted too soon. The little crystals that did not grind into powder were like eating rocks. Thankfully, my teeth survived.

The powder was in a 4 ounce Ball jar. I put the lid on after I mixed the boiling water into the powder. Maybe ten minutes later, I tasted it again. It seemed like it had too much water. But, after a bit the texture was fine.

Since exbf had not had a Thanksgiving meal, I fixed what passed for Thanksgiving dinner--Chicken, Stove Top dressing, cranberry sauce, Brussels sprouts, and (for him only) rehydrated sweet potatoes. Dessert was apple pie. He gave the sweet potatoes a passing score!

I will be dehydrating more sweet potatoes. Of course, the only reason I dehydrated only a half cup was to determine the measures involved in dehydrating and rehydrating. I think the next experiment after I dehydrate more sweet potatoes will be to us 4 Tbsp of sweet potato powder to 4 ounces of water.

Your turn
Have you dehydrated sweet potatoes? What do you think of the process?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.