Contact Me

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Canning Jar and Rack Chandelier


 
source
A project in mind. Great for an emergency.

I have an old canning rack that for some reason does not
fit my two water bath canners, both of which do have racks.
I was going to get rid of it until I saw this chandelier.
The lights look like led Christmas-type lights.
I have several sets of 12 that are battery operated. I suppose
if the lights went out, a person could use the only canning rack 
from the only water bath canner she owned.  I just happen to
 have an extra rack. The chains hooked to the rack should be easy.
 
When I put lights in my yard and the trees, I
never attempt to have uniform lights. It pleases
 me to have several unusual light sources or light holders.  


I cannot make the photo larger because it just gets
wider and flatter. I copied the photo, put it in Word
and could enlarge it there. Those are not rope lights, only led lights
 
There is a new line of Ball jars that are blue.
Clear jars and candles could be substituted.
It appears new blue Ball jars  is what is used in the photo.

Your turn
Have you seen one of these lights in use?
Do you light your yard for parties?
Or, your patio or balcony?
What is your favorite type of lighting for outdoors?
Anything funky and homemade? I am dying to hear.
 


2 comments:

  1. OH MAN!! I love that!! I have two racks and I NEVER use them but I can't bring myself to get rid of them....I think I'm going to have to make one of these!! Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you send me a picture, I will post it. I understand, I cannot get rid of my extra one.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.